GRAINS TO HELP LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL.January 16, 2014
USDA SAYS AMERICAN ADULTS CALORIE INTAKE IMPROVES BETWEEN 2005 AND 2010.January 21, 2014
How to Roast a Chicken
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 5 pound chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place onion, garlic, tarragon and thyme into the cavity of the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen string, mostly closing the cavity opening. Pull the wings so the tips overlap on top of the breast; tie in place with kitchen string. Rub the chicken with oil, salt and pepper. Set in a roasting pan, breast-side down.
- Roast the chicken for 25 minutes. Turn breast-side up and continue roasting, basting occasionally with pan juices, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, without touching bone, registers 175 degrees F, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the string before carving. Enjoy!