ICED COFFEE RECIPEDecember 29, 2014
The Pace of Fast Casual Pizza Accelerates in 2014January 6, 2015
FUN FOOD FACTS
Here are some fun facts about food that I bet you didn’t know. . .
- 350 slices of pizza are consumed each second in the USA.
- The number one selling snack in the US is potato chips.
- There’s a pizza company in Alaska called “Airport Pizza” that delivers for free by plane. Pizzas cost $30.00 each, any time of year.
- The company that makes Nutella uses about 25% of the world’s supply of hazelnuts.
- According to the DFS, it’s safe to each the stickers that are found on fruit; they’re actually made out of “edible paper” and the glue is food grade.
- For clean fruit, fill a bowl with water (or, for bigger batches, use a clean sink), add 1 cup of vinegar, and stir. Add fruit and leave to soak for 10 minutes. The water will be dirty and the fruit will be sparkly clean with no wax or dirty film.
- Tabasco sauce is aged in barrels previously used for Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey.