ENJOY THESE GREAT FOOD FACTS.
* Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
* Peanuts are salted in the shell by boiling them in a heavily salted solution, then allowing them to dry.
* The table fork was introduced into England in 1601. Until then, people would eat with their knives, spoons or fingers. When Queen Elizabeth first used a fork, the clergy went ballistic. They felt it was an insult to God not to touch meat with one’s fingers.
* Pineapples are classified as berries!
* Cabbage is 91% water.
* There is no alcohol left in food that’s cooked with wine. The alcohol evaporates at 172 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Cheese is the oldest of all man-made foods.