HOLIDAY PARTY MENUS TAKE ON A LOCAL FOCUS FOR 2011.November 28, 2011
DO DESCRIPTIVE MENU ITEMS ENTICE MORE CUSTOMERS?December 1, 2011
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onions, yellow chopped
- 1 teaspoonMontrealsteak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup cognac or red wine
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 cups beef broth
- brown gravy
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 5oz mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and cognac (remove pan from heat when adding cognac.) Saute mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Add beef stock and whisk in brown gravy until smooth. Stir in remaining mushroom soup.
- Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve Salisbury Steaks and Mushroom Gravy over hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes.
Bryan Bernstein, Corporate Chef, Saval Foodservice