HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. . . THE “OREO” COOKIE!March 6, 2012
REMEMBER YOUR CORNED BEEF ORDER FOR ST. PATTY’S DAY – MARCH 17, 2012.March 13, 2012
A Saint Patrick’s Day Tradition
- 1 each corned beef
- 3 large carrots, cut into large dice
- 6 to 8 small onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large spring of fresh thyme and several parsley stalks tied together
- 2 each cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the corned beef into a large pot with the carrots, onions, mustard and herbs.
- Cover with cold water; bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour skimming the fat and scum as needed.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and cut into quarters. Add to the pot with the corned beef. Cook for another one to two hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Slice corned beef against the grain and serve hot with vegetables and cabbage.